- “Photojournalism: The Professionals’ Approach” by Kenneth Kobre. This text covers the waterfront.
- “Photo Portfolio Success” by John Kaplan. A great resource for preparing portfolios for photojournalism, fine art, weddings and much more.
- NPPA Website (www.nppa.org) - Has articles and services to help new talent break into the business, including the Mentor Program, the Portfolio Critique Program and the Job Information Bank (JIB).
- Sports Shooter Website (www.sportsshooter.com) - This Website is about good photography, not just sports photography. It contains many articles about breaking into the business, workshops and popular books about photojournalism and photography.
- ASMP Website (American Society of Media Photographers) (www.asmp.org) - Often focused on good business practices and the latest information about the copyright law, topics all photographers need to follow.
- Editorial Photographers (www.editorialphoto.com) - This organization also focuses on education, business practices and monitoring the changes in the copyright law.